Search

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

HALF TIME

get it half time...ha ha
I can’t believe that I am half way thru pregnancy! It has gone by so fast. I anticipated it to go by much slower. Nine months feels like such a long time, but in reality it goes by so fast when you are preoccupied and busy, and pregnancy definitely takes care of that. I am thinking about all of the stuff that we still have to do pre-baby. Time is running out. I have decided that I am going to make this semester my last one for now. I will go back post –baby, but I have a lot going on and so in 7 weeks when this semester ends, I will have the last (?13?) weeks for me and baby preparation, just being pregnant in general. I have been able to feel the baby move for about a week now. It is a very cool feeling. I was waiting and wondering what it was going to feel like and then BAM, it was here and I just knew. There was not question if it was gas or not, I was not nervous, so it was not butterflies, It was real, and from the first time that I felt it I knew what it was. I guess that’s mothers intuition! The weight is now up to 10 ounces and the baby measures about 9.8 inches. After reading this I looked at a ruler, I am still amazed. I can’t believe that the baby is still going to double in size.

5 comments:

R said...

i'm so excited. oh and it's 40 weeks (10 months) not 9. they don't tell you that you get an extra 4 weeks before you get preggo.
my pregnancy went by EXTREMELY fast. we had one of those "baby planner" books called 40+weeks and i was at 34 weeks, went into false labor, and then decided to start on the nursery.

Nicol said...

yeah, I guess that I knew that it was 10 months... if I would have thought about it...

It is really truely crazy how fast things are going!

I wish I had a nursery! We are NEVER going to sell our condo. I think that we will end up renting it out so that we can buy a house.

R said...

in all actuality, we JUST started to use our nursery. he's been sleeping with us, sometimes in the bassinet in our room (right next to my bed so i can nurse without being bothered too mcuh) and sometimes in a cosleeper and sometimes, gasp, just on me or next to me in bed.
and actually, we ended up not even finishing the nursery until about 3 or 4 weekds post partum, and just got crib bedding. so you got time.

Meagan Vanover, CWP said...

tegan is still in our room...

we'll boot him out soon, though

R said...

its good to kick them out early so they're not a 30 year old living in mom's house. better to learn now ;)