Friendship is a funny thing. There are a few people out there that are lucky enough to still be in contact with and have a friendly relationship with someone that you were friends with back in preschool or kindergarten. People like that have many amazing stories to share about life experiences that they have shared together through out the years. I look at Paul’s group of friends, they have all known each other for this vast amount of time. It is a great thing to have. Also guys and friendships are much different that woman and friendships. We as woman, always let our emotions get in the way of things. It is not something that I often like to admit to, but it is true. For most woman as well, we go through stages with our friends. They seem to come in and out of our lives. We all typically have one or two friends that have stayed with us through it all. Many of us though have temporarily lost touch with people that used to be great friends. Sometimes they come back into your life at the right times, but others you will never talk to again. This can be difficult. I have been told that some people come into your life for a reason. To teach you a lesson, and once that lesson is learned they somehow slip away. These are the types of individuals that will always hold a place in your heart no matter how much distance is put between you. I have been one of those individuals that have had the opportunity to be friends with many people, but I have not remained close with all of them through out the years. I had friends in high school that I was sure that I would still be friends with today. These friends I have not talked to since graduation. I have often thought of contacting these people, but never have. Now I know that this is silly of me, I have learned the lesson, a few times to many that life is literally to short. I try to enjoy and get the most out of life that I can while I am here on this earth, but many times (a lot recently) I have let my stress and conflict control my life. I have a ton of things to be happy for A good healthy marriage, with a healthy baby on the way. I do have a job (I may not like it) but I am employed which is more than some can say. I have a roof over my head, I do wish that the roof was much bigger and it had a basement under it with more rooms, and a back yard behind it, but Yes I do have a place to live and it could be worse. Many times in life it is hard to truly count your blessings. Our eyes and minds get clouded and we don’t see or think straight. We have to remember that no matter how unfortunate we think that our lives are, there will always be someone out there that is worse off and needs their prayers answered more than we need ours. Life is not fair, and it will never be that way. But we have to take everything one step at a time and remember to keep our eyes and minds open. My reason for writing all of this is that I have just gotten off the phone with someone that used to be one of my best friends. We are having a hard time understanding each other right now. We both have very strong opinions about a subject and we are both wrong in our own ways. We have both hurt each others feelings. We are both very stubborn. It is going to take some time for us both to get through this. It is hard for us to see both sides as neither of us have ever been in the other persons shoes. We are at very different places in life right now. We both have different values and expectations out of life. This makes it very hard for us. I know that one day we will both have long forgotten about this, but for now it is affecting both of our lives. I wish that things were different, but what is done is done. Life is hard. We all have life altering decisions to make, sometimes we make the right ones, sometimes we don’t. Sometimes it takes a while for us to realize that we made a wrong decision. This is life. This is how we learn and grow. This is what makes us human. We will never be able to fully understand what it is like to be in someone else’s shoes. Now matter how much we try. Unless you have gone through the same life experience, you can’t even begin to relate to how someone else might feel. It is wrong to think that you can. Each experience effects people differently. It is impossible to have two people to have the same feelings toward a certain event. This said, I am going to let life happen. I hope that I make the right decisions, as I hope that others will make the right decisions when they affect me, but like I said, we don’t always know what the right decision is. Life is complicated enough, there is no sense in worrying about it to much. Life goes on, and so will I. I know that I will have friends to stand by my side, which friends, in which situation? I don’t know that answer, not yet anyway. My life consists of a lot of uncertainties right now. If I worried and stressed about all of them, I would go crazy. I will take life one day at a time, and hope for the best, what else can I do. I look forward to the future, and will embrace the changes that come with it. Life is short. I am going to try and keep that thought closer to my heart, and not let the stresses get in the way. I know that this is hard to do at times, but I will do my best, and that is all I can do. I wish nothing but the best for not only my friends but for everyone, and I would never think otherwise. To all of my friends, those that have come and gone, Those that have come, gone and then come back to me, Those that are still out there somewhere, Those that are presently in my life, and those that are yet to come, you will all always hold a place in my heart. I have learned from all of you, and I look forward to spending time and learning from the friendships that are forthcoming.
Perhaps this optimism Will crash on down Like a house of cards I know that my decison To change my life was not that hard ~Frente~
Search
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Friendship
Friendship is a funny thing. There are a few people out there that are lucky enough to still be in contact with and have a friendly relationship with someone that you were friends with back in preschool or kindergarten. People like that have many amazing stories to share about life experiences that they have shared together through out the years. I look at Paul’s group of friends, they have all known each other for this vast amount of time. It is a great thing to have. Also guys and friendships are much different that woman and friendships. We as woman, always let our emotions get in the way of things. It is not something that I often like to admit to, but it is true. For most woman as well, we go through stages with our friends. They seem to come in and out of our lives. We all typically have one or two friends that have stayed with us through it all. Many of us though have temporarily lost touch with people that used to be great friends. Sometimes they come back into your life at the right times, but others you will never talk to again. This can be difficult. I have been told that some people come into your life for a reason. To teach you a lesson, and once that lesson is learned they somehow slip away. These are the types of individuals that will always hold a place in your heart no matter how much distance is put between you. I have been one of those individuals that have had the opportunity to be friends with many people, but I have not remained close with all of them through out the years. I had friends in high school that I was sure that I would still be friends with today. These friends I have not talked to since graduation. I have often thought of contacting these people, but never have. Now I know that this is silly of me, I have learned the lesson, a few times to many that life is literally to short. I try to enjoy and get the most out of life that I can while I am here on this earth, but many times (a lot recently) I have let my stress and conflict control my life. I have a ton of things to be happy for A good healthy marriage, with a healthy baby on the way. I do have a job (I may not like it) but I am employed which is more than some can say. I have a roof over my head, I do wish that the roof was much bigger and it had a basement under it with more rooms, and a back yard behind it, but Yes I do have a place to live and it could be worse. Many times in life it is hard to truly count your blessings. Our eyes and minds get clouded and we don’t see or think straight. We have to remember that no matter how unfortunate we think that our lives are, there will always be someone out there that is worse off and needs their prayers answered more than we need ours. Life is not fair, and it will never be that way. But we have to take everything one step at a time and remember to keep our eyes and minds open. My reason for writing all of this is that I have just gotten off the phone with someone that used to be one of my best friends. We are having a hard time understanding each other right now. We both have very strong opinions about a subject and we are both wrong in our own ways. We have both hurt each others feelings. We are both very stubborn. It is going to take some time for us both to get through this. It is hard for us to see both sides as neither of us have ever been in the other persons shoes. We are at very different places in life right now. We both have different values and expectations out of life. This makes it very hard for us. I know that one day we will both have long forgotten about this, but for now it is affecting both of our lives. I wish that things were different, but what is done is done. Life is hard. We all have life altering decisions to make, sometimes we make the right ones, sometimes we don’t. Sometimes it takes a while for us to realize that we made a wrong decision. This is life. This is how we learn and grow. This is what makes us human. We will never be able to fully understand what it is like to be in someone else’s shoes. Now matter how much we try. Unless you have gone through the same life experience, you can’t even begin to relate to how someone else might feel. It is wrong to think that you can. Each experience effects people differently. It is impossible to have two people to have the same feelings toward a certain event. This said, I am going to let life happen. I hope that I make the right decisions, as I hope that others will make the right decisions when they affect me, but like I said, we don’t always know what the right decision is. Life is complicated enough, there is no sense in worrying about it to much. Life goes on, and so will I. I know that I will have friends to stand by my side, which friends, in which situation? I don’t know that answer, not yet anyway. My life consists of a lot of uncertainties right now. If I worried and stressed about all of them, I would go crazy. I will take life one day at a time, and hope for the best, what else can I do. I look forward to the future, and will embrace the changes that come with it. Life is short. I am going to try and keep that thought closer to my heart, and not let the stresses get in the way. I know that this is hard to do at times, but I will do my best, and that is all I can do. I wish nothing but the best for not only my friends but for everyone, and I would never think otherwise. To all of my friends, those that have come and gone, Those that have come, gone and then come back to me, Those that are still out there somewhere, Those that are presently in my life, and those that are yet to come, you will all always hold a place in my heart. I have learned from all of you, and I look forward to spending time and learning from the friendships that are forthcoming.
Labels:
Friendship
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it's amazing the ebb and flow of friendship... but it's all for a reason i believe.
i agree. sometimes it is hard to understand the reason, but it's there.
Post a Comment