Do you lie? Do you lie to yourself? Do you lie to your significant other? Your boss? Your co-workers? Your parents? Do you lie at all to anyone? Now, answer honestly, that is if it is possible for you to. When I think of the word lie, I often think of the movie Liar Liar. I find that I am very much like Jim Carrey’s character in that movie, after his son makes the wish for him not to lie. I cannot lie. If I even attempt to lie, I end up breaking down and telling on myself. I don’t understand how some people can lie and be deceitful, and not blink an eye. It is the worst when you know that someone is lying, but can’t prove it and they stare you right in the eye and lie to you. How do these people live with themselves? What really bothers me is that by lying many of these people get ahead in life by doing it. It sucks. Here I am honest and open and always looking out for the best interest of not only myself, but also others around me, and somehow I am standing still. Some people say that it is impossible not to lie about some things, and that it is human nature. I don’t buy into this. I guess everything in the eye of the beholder. For example, when people were looting the stores after hurricane Katrina, would you consider this stealing? Big screen TV’s, yes. Food and Supplies to keep your family safe and alive, in my eyes no. In any case it depends on your morals, values, and ethics. So do you?
1 comment:
lie? not me?
Post a Comment