
I now fully understand what Meagan was talking about when she wrote this. I have been struggling with my clothes once again. Saggy butt definitely does come into play. I have noticed that my pants with the ssshhh (elastic) in the front only, are wonderful compared to my pants the ssshhh (elastic) all the way around the waist that are my saggy butt culprits. Now, here I am barely big enough for the maternity, but way to big for any regular jeans, even the hootchy low rise ones (that allow your belly to hang over, while wearing a long shirt to cover your butt)(another one of Meagan’s tips) are out of order. Now, I do have a ton on shirts hanging in my closet, from the donation bag. They are mostly all to big still, and I think that this is where the triangle shirts comes into play. I can’t do this either. I know that the major weight gain is right around the corner, so I am hoping that my “all arounds” will work better then. Meanwhile I do my best to put the best combination of what I can find in my closet together for my outfit for the day. I find myself wearing the same outfits, but hey if it fits, wear it! Right? As for the long shirts, I have yet to find an abundance of long not tight tees. I seem to find a lot of too tight or too wide. I have definitely learned a lot about maternity clothes. My advise to all the woman that have not yet had the blessing of going thru the many stages (I know I have more to come) of clothing during pregnancy, is this, go shopping with a mom, not your mom (no offense mom, We actually did not do to bad) but a mom that has just recently gone thru it. Trust them and buy what they tell you. I know that with the knowledge that I have obtained thus far, will help me greatly for not only the months to come but also when pregnancy number two comes around. All the other moms will definitely be green with envy!
**UPDATE** 5-17-07 , Today i am wearing my low rise (with the help of a hair tie, I am going to buy a band this weekend) with a long polo shirt from Target. I actually look good today!


15 comments:
oh i did that. although i popped at 11 weeks, it was all up front and only contributing to my famous asian nonass. so. my tip from the recently departed from pregnancy..
i got a bunch of the tighter long tunics. scrunch them up for instant rouching around the belly/waistband and voila, instant, non maternity, non tentish, fab fashion that is as sleek as a pregnant lady can be. i lived in the utlra low rise pants, until i dropped and had too much saggbutt.
but is the story of my life.
glad to be of service.
my target has a huge clearance right now with lots of liz lang maternity and tons of other stuff.
while cleaning out our room yesterday, i found a couple more shirts, some cute gray pants (seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/57299309@N00/374518867/in/set-72157594508580802/) and a long cardigan. i also have the worlds cutest denim jacket. i also have a swim suit if i didn't give you that already. hmm, there's probably lots more in the basement. i'll try to dig through that this weekend.
need another tip? low-rise cotton undies. you will go through 6 or so different brands until you figure out which ones don't curl down when your belly drops.
here(http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products/Kids-Hanes/Kids_Girls-Hanes/Kids_Girls_girlsunderwear-Hanes/HGS41.aspx) are the undies that i liked the best. haha. yes, they are girls, and yes, adam hated them.
tunics seem to be the answer...I guess that it is off to Target once again.
Meagan, I don't know if I will fit into the girl panties ( :) )
I will let you know when I get that far... not needed yet!
i don't know about you meg, but i had no problems with undies curling down, even with my famous, adam-noted-before-i-did belly baby drop, which apparently dropped so much that the entire world figured out i dropped before i even noticed.
i personally hated hanes undies. their hipster undies had a nonstretch waistband (go figure) so with my abounding spreading hips i hated hated hated them. i found vs signature cotton hipsters to be the best mostest comfy. although i only purchased them when i got those free undie coupons in the mail.
So rachelle, did you wear the low rise pants with the band? I think that I may go buy one this weekend.
buy low rise or the band?
actually, i wore the lowrise (ultra lowrise mins you) and did not need the band for them, buy did wear the band w. other non maternity panrs...loved them both.
ps. target has loads of cool tunics in their misses/juniors/hoochie section. cheap and does the trick.
oh how do i say this nicely...
oh hell, it's me and i am am always crass, so who am i kidding trying to say something nicely?
low rise elastic bands sand away at the hair line. and since i shave like a mad woman and insisted on keeping landing strip only though-out both pregnancies, i was getting razor burn like crazy from my underware. i thought that getting my panties in a lower and lower fit would help, but then my belly dropped and smooshed the elastic between the folds. haha.
disgusting, but true.
deja vu. did we not have this coversation about hair at a bar awhile back?
did we?
oops- that was not sarah- that was me. haha.
when was this? what bar? so confused. were we both pregnant at a bar? that;s rather inappropriate.
I love how my saggy butt issues has now turned into a hairy mess!
no i believe it was a LOOOONG time ago, and adam was there, can't remember what bar but i think it had a woodsy theme, and adam was excited about knowing an asian person so he could ask if asian hair was straight. then we happened upon your shaving rituals.
TICONDEROGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ooh, my friend sarah was there. that's lovely that my stripper strip has been forever lodged in your head for say the past five or so years.
and nicol, it's not hairy... i shave. i believe we've covered that.
yeah it was ticonderoga. and yes, thanks for branding your strip into my head for more than 5 years. i actually think it was the weird spontaneous asking about asian hair than anything else that makes that evening one of the most memorable..
Post a Comment