Today I went for my 30-week check up. Wow, I can't believe that I am already at week 30! Crazy, I tell you CRAZY!
It was a very interesting visit. Today was the first visit of my rotating visit, with each doctor. As I signed in and the receptionist announced what doctor that I was seeing. Right as I turned around two woman were staring at me. One of them asked what time my appointment was. I told her 12pm. It was currently 11:50. They laughed and stated that they over booked. The their appointments were at 11:30 and 11:45, they so proudly and annoyinglyl told me. Oh, I said softly as I sat down. within five minutes the woman that had the 11:45 appointment was called back. The other woman (who mind you was filling out paperwork when I arrived, instantly got pissed) She had obviously been late for her appointment and was not going to admit it. My doctors office has a strict rule about being late; if you are late, you wait, period. They are very firm on this, trying to make sure that those who are on time are seen promptly and at the proper time. This woman went up to the window and "asked" about the wait time, then looked at me and snoodily stated that she would be seen before me. I just smiled, and minded my own business. Not more than 2 minutes later, I was called back for my 12:00 appointment. As I walkd thru the door I just smiled at the unpleasnent woman unpatiently waiting for her appointment. I was on time, therefore I was seen ontime. HA! HA! Just had to share that, and now on to the appointment itself.... Here is how it went down:
The doctor walked in and introduced himself
Doctor: Do you have any questions?
Me: Yes, today I do. I have not been as hungry lately, is this normal?
Doctor: Not hurngry? Well, you gained 8 pounds.
Me: 8 POUNDS! Are you serious!
Doctor: Yep, looks like you are going to have a 12pounder! (joking)
Me: Huh!?!
Doctor: You are still in a good weight range.
I myself have not grown much in the past month. It really is all baby, etc.
I had a few more questions, and ironicly they were all linked together, in the order of which I had them written down. It was weird. All turned out to be good/normal.
Stats:
Weight Gain: 8 pounds
Heartbeat: 150 BPM
Fundal Height: 29.75 cm
2 comments:
yeah!
it's so exciting to have a good appt, isn't it?
It was nice. I was nervous about meeting another doctor on the day that I had a ton on questions. He was very nice.
Post a Comment