Sadly, I have been to more funerals than one person my age should have to go to. Back in 1997, I unfortunately had to attend the funeral of my boyfriend. He was killed in a car accident just moments after dropping me off at my house. This tragic event has haunted me for years. It is something that I don't think that I will ever fully get over. I actually recently just made contact with his parents for the first time in quite a while.
Not to long after that my Grandpa passed away. He was farming and had a heart attack while out in the field. Sadly, my Grandma had to come home from a doctor appointment to find him, out in the field. I hate seeing my Grandma so miserable since this happened.
Over the years I have attended a few more funerals of kids that I went to high school with. Two of which were caused by drunk driving.
Then three and a half years ago my sister Heather passed away. She was only 27. No matter how long she was sick, I could have never prepared myself for losing a sister. This turned my entire families life upside down, and inside out. It has changed all of us. Words can not describe how horrific it is.
Just yesterday I attended the funeral of my chiropractors wife. Yes, that's right my chiropractors wife. What you need to know is that I've known this man since I was a little girl playing in the toy room at his office. He has helped everyone in my family. So, yesterday when my mom told me that his wife passed away I was shocked. We all were. Was she in an accident? No, We found out at the funeral that she had been diagnosed with brain cancer back in July. They had decided not to tell many people. There was nothing that could be done.
All of these unexpected tragedies, make you really appreciate what you have. You can't waste your life away. Do what makes you happy. Don't procrastinate. Don't Worry Be Happy. Don't sweat the small stuff. And all of that good stuff... which reminds me I have to stop writing and spend some time with my little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment