It all began one Saturday morning (January 28th, 2006) when I decided to take my adorable puppy, Louie out for a walk. The weather was unusually warm for this time of year. I was actually hot wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. As Louie and I began our walk on such a beautiful January day, we began to notice all of the peaceful amazing things that you can see if you just take a moment to look. The trees seemed to be alive, breathing in a deep refreshing breath, and enjoying the day as we were. The sun filled sky was warming all below it. Snow was melting, and it was drawing in all types of creatures. Louie and I met a lot of new friends. Woman walking, Family’s playing at the play ground, dogs walking their owners, just like Louie and me.
As we walked around the bend by the baseball fields, Louie began to notice another creature. Squirrels. The all like to tease him and run on the other side of the fence. (Louie thinks that all of the squirrels live in the Cheery Creek Golf Course.)
We turned to go to the other side of the park near Heritage Gardens, to walk around the lake (but not in the gardens, cause dogs are not allowed. Yes I obey the rules!)
The sun was beating down on the lake reflecting so much light it was beautiful. The ice had only melted right around the edges, so it was like a giant piece of ice floating in the middle of the lake. Suddenly I hear a splash. As I look over I see a beaver diving into the water. Wow, I thought to myself that was pretty cool!
As we pass by some more trees, and around another bend, we see ducks. Ducks in the water, Ducks on the ice, duck’s everywhere. They were all paired up, just like in the movie, March of the Penguins, except obviously they were ducks! J It was so amazingly beautiful. We both sat there just taking in the beautiful scenery. When once again I had wished that I had a camera phone. There and then unable to pass up the opportunity, Louie and I walked back home to get my camera. On our way back Louie met yet another friend. After letting them pass us up we stopped to enjoy the scenery again, and take some pictures. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did, but I have to say nothing compares to seeing it in person. It was so peaceful.
1 comment:
nice pictures. they seem really theraputic. if you email them to me, i could play with them in photoshop and see what i come up with.
Post a Comment