Search

Thursday, February 23, 2006

GGGGRRRRRR!!!!!! Part II

The guy that hit me in the parking lot at the funeral home is fighting me on this. I now have to take him to small claims court. I am regretting now not being more aggressive at the funeral home. I hate to say it but I went easy on him, given the situation. He was an old guy at a funeral. I was not sure how close he was to the family, so I did not make a big deal out of it. We exchanged information, and he said that he would call me the next day. (Given that today, due to the funeral was not a good day for him.) Well, I never got that call, so I turned in all of the information to Shirley, our insurance agent at State Farm. I got a quote from Heidebrecht’s Body Shop. (We’re like family now; we’ve been there so much lately) I faxed over all of the information to Shirley, she in turn faxed it over to Old Man Bob. He talked to his agent and was told that it was a no- fault because it was in a parking lot. I would hate to take him to court if I thought that were true.






But the damage to my car is on the side, doesn’t that prove that I was already backed out?!?! Besides, he even said that he depended on his card to beep at him and not using his eyes to look to see if someone was behind him. Am I crazy? Should I just pay the $600.00 to have it fixed? I don’t think so. Don’t get me wrong I do feel bad that I am taking this 70-year-old man that has never been in an accident to court. At the same time though, He hit me!

No comments: