Search

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

An Afternoon Out


What started as as simple trip to the bank and to Target turned into an eventful afternoon. The last time that I took Gratiot South, the construction was done. To my surprise it was a mess at 23 Mile today. To top it off, It appeared that 94 was also having issues, so the traffic heading north was extra heavy, especially at 26, 23, & 21 Miles which are were the exits are at. So, I slowly made my way down to the bank at 21 Mile; once I was there I decided that taking either 94 or Gratiot back North was a bad idea, so I decided to detour and go to the new Target on Hall Road and Card. This was a good idea in theory.
(in this picture you see Josie breaking apart her new head bans, and even wearing one!)
Once arriving at Target, with Josie (who mind you refused to nap today) I quickly found how my shopping experience was going to go. As we were getting out of the car, Josie decided to throw a fit and refuse to walk into the store. After a short battle, she won, and I carried her to the door way, where I set her down and told her to walk. We made it to the carts, and I was pleased with the new style shopping cart. Josie gladly sat in the cart, but had issues staying put, and with the buckle, and keeping her shoes on, and grabbing items off the shelves, and, and , and.... I check my list, trying to do a quick memorization, so that I can run around grab what I need and get out. Nope, that was not going to happen. I love Target, but why did they design this one completely different from all the rest. I was lost! Finally after many circles, "no Josie's" , & glares from other shoppers, I made my way to check out. Oh, I forgot to mention that the entire time that I was in Target, my unborn baby boy was trying to escape from my right side. Seriously though, imagine being stuck in the trunk of a car and trying to kick the tail lights out. This is what he was doing to my side. It was so strong that each time I had to stop to regroup and push his foot back, literately. So then we left Target.

Josie passed out.

THE END

1 comment:

Tracey said...

But she's so cute.....
Sometimes that is the saving grace, though.