Search

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

thoughts and prayers

A good friend of mine is going to be having surgery on Friday. I am not sure of the exact diagnosis but it is simular to HYDROCEPHALUS.

This is what she wrote in an email to me:

I just wanted to let you know to keep me in your thoughts! I have not been feeling very well for the last few weeks. I have been having some problems with a lot of pressure in my head especially at night while I am sleeping, the pressure is waking me up in the middle of the night which is very unusual for me. At first I thought it was due to the crazy weather changes but it wasn't even going away when I took something for it like it normally does. I finally went in to see one of the nurses at my neaurosurgeons office on Wednesday, the nurses always do all the evaluating. I ended up spending most of the day Wednesday downtown at Children's where the office is going for various tests. I had a Cat Scan, X-rays to make sure everything was in place and finally x-rays to track the flow of dye through the shunt. The only unusual thing they could find was that the dye only flowed down and would not flow up.
...
I will be having surgery on Friday, The top catheter is not draining properly, not sure why.

No comments: