Well, the first week as a mom has been very interesting. Paul and I have both learned a lot. Nothing can prepare you for the lack of sleep that you suddenly have to get adjusted to. For example, if I go to bed at 9pm and intend to get up at 7am that is a span of 10 hours. But then you have to factor in getting up every 2 hours for feedings. this leaves 5 hours. But then lets not forget that every time you get up to feed it takes about 45 minutes, which includes the feeding itself, burping, changing of the diaper, and then getting her back down to sleep. Once this is all done. You have to get a glass of water ('cause breast feeding is exhausting), then go pee. Finally you get to go back to bed. This leaves you with about 2.5 hours of sleep, while "in bed" for 10 hours. The other major thing that is the hardest to get used to is the feedings. First there is the waiting game for the milk to actually come in,this gets frusturating, with a hungry baby that is waiting for her first "real" meal. Now the milk is in, and we are working on proper latching and timing of the meals. Josie seems to think that my breasts are punching bags. She is very strong. We are making progress with this. Other than that, Paul and I are aadjusting to parenthood, just as best as can be expected. Josie is great. We both have fallen deeply in love with our little girl. There are no words to describe how you feel about adding a member to your famiy. In the words of my grandmother "Its a mircale". Last but not least Louie is doing great as well. He is VERY good with Josie. He already wants to protect her. He amazes me, as always with how unbelievably good he is.

2 comments:
Awww she's soooooo cute!!!
I was hoping you would update soon! But I know that's the last thing on your mind! :o)
I don't have anything to say about the whole breat feeding thing since I haven't experienced that part of life yet. However, I would like to say that you and Paul are very blessed to not only have such a wonderful beautiful little girl but also have such a well behaved Louie!! I can't believe how good he is. I mean he's always been good but he has really calmed down and is protective over his little sister! It amazes me how he acts around her. It's like he understands everything going on around him. You guys are very lucky!
i love it. welcome to the 'hood.
isn't it amazing>?
Post a Comment