Search

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Girlfriends...


Friends. There was a time when I had hardly any girlfriends. I have always been one to be one of the guys. Over the past few years, I have developed some new and reborn friendships. Now, each of these friends is very unique. Everyone has very different personalities. I have different patterns on how and when we talk or get together. The one thing that they all have in common is me. I know that if I was ever in need; for various reasons, I can depend on all of them. Although I can depend on all of them, I may call each of them for very different reasons. If I need to talk, vent, cry, or even if I want to relax, or if I want to party, I can count on the friend that is most in sync with the events that are going on in my life. I laid in bed last night thinking about all of the friends that I do have, and what I have been through with each of them. I am lucky to have such great friends. Some I see daily, some I see weekly, some I try to see monthly, and some I only see few and far between. But no matter how often I see my friend, I can always pick up where we left off as though we have not been away for so long. This is a great feeling.
  • Courtney, we have been through so much together. Good and bad. From the time you were born, the two of us had a friendship, companionship as well as a sisterhood. We know what each other are thinking. Things can go unsaid, and we understand. You are strong willed, independent, and smart. You make me laugh, I never laugh so hard, than I do when I am with you. I am proud of you and in many ways I look up to you.
  • Jeni, you have such a great personality. When we get together we can play cards, stare at a fire or even just stare at each other and all is good. We both understand that life is busy. We live down the street from each other, which make is easy for us to see each other as needed, whether it be for just and hour or two, or the entire evening, playing games and enjoying each others company.
  • Kara, you are such a great individual. I have learned a lot from you one thing in particular is your strength. You are a very strong willed person. You have had your share of hard times, but yet you push on. You are doing what you love, and no one can push you around. People often try to take advantage of you, but you hold your ground, and this is when your strength shines through. We don't see each other as often as we used to but I know that if I call you, you will meet me for lunch that day, and we would pick up where we left off.
  • Meagan, although we have grown apart over the years, I know that our friendship still stands. You have helped me a lot over the years, my wedding for one; you have a natural knowledge and interest in weddings. You should, you have stood up in and been to more weddings than anyone I know. You are not afraid to say what is on your mind; this is a great trait. Sometimes, it is misinterpreted, but you always mean well. I have found this trait in myself as well. I once was told that I was thought to be bitchy due to this personality trait. What? Me bitchy? Those that really know us know that this is not true. I know that no matter how long we are apart (at this point too long) If I every needed anything, that unless it was physically impossible, that you would drop what you were doing and come to me with whatever I needed. You have taken care of me when I was sick, you have given me advice, and you have let me shower in your caddy shack!
  • Michelle, You have been with me through every single moment of my life, good or bad. You know how to cheer me up, you can always make me laugh, and you have taught me confidence. You may not think so of yourself, but you are always on top of things, and you really do know what you want out of life and you go for it. I am proud of you and all of you accomplishments. You know that you really can make dreams come true, you shown this in yourself as well as your friends and family. You know and understand things about me that no one else can. We have grown and learned life lessons together, and for that I am thankful.
  • Nadine, You taught me faith, it amazes me daily on your success. You are such a happy person. You know that wherever you go you will have a good time. Why, because you are there, and people have fun with you. I love that fact that we don't have to make plans with each other. We simply keep in touch, and no ones feeling is hurt if the other does not show up. And every time that we see each other it is as though we just talked yesterday.
  • Teresa, Oh, Teresa! You are my newest edition to my girl friends. We have always been acquaintances, but we have grown into such a strong friendship. I see you the most of anyone, and not only because we work together, but because we truly enjoy each others company. Over the past few months your commitment to our friendship has truly shined through. I cant even count the times that you have been there for me. You are a very dedicated. I feel as though our friendship has been beneficial for both of us. We seem to learn from each other. You strive to make everyone happy, which can be hard at times. But you still know who is the most important, and that is you.

I am luck y to have such great friends in my life. You all mean so much to me. I guess dreams can come true. There was a time that I yearned for some more girlfriends, which is strange for me. But I lucked out and found seven of the greatest friends that a girl could ask for. Thanks Friends, I love all of you! I can not end this friendship list with out giving credit to one last friend.

  • Mom, I have known you all of my life, Now you, YOU have taught me so much. The older I get, the closer feel our friendship is growing. I can hang out, and talk to you the same as I do with all of my other friends , and for that I love you. I mean how cool is it that I can get bar parking tips from my mom! Thanks for always being their for me.

Friendships are a wonderful gift. It is the best gift to receive and that I have ever recieved. I love all of you so much, and I look forward to spending more memoriable moments with all of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Meagan Vanover, CWP said...

it has been too long. maybe ky and i can meet you for lunch again soon.

Nicol said...

Sound good to me!