
For the past three weeks I have been attending the “sculpt and define” class at World Gym. As you know, Michelle, Teresa and I went the first week, as a trial. Since then I have been going with my friend Jeni. It is nice to go with someone to keep you motivated. Jeni sure does the job. She is a little rock star when it comes to this class. She can keep up and do pretty much anything that is asked of us. I on the other hand am still struggling. I was actually pulled aside by the instructor (drill sergeant) last week and told “Don’t worry, you’ll get better” I was like I hope so ‘cause right now I suck!
I figured out the other day that the last time that I worked out, and I mean really worked out. I was a junior in high school. That was 1998! Since then I have done the occasional walk/low sweat work out DVD’s. I have never had to work out. I was always the “skinny” one. Well, I am 5 ½ years away from 30. And my metabolism is slowed way the hell down. I have officially gained 17 pounds. This is unacceptable.
Some people say that I look “healthy” but I know the difference especially when Paul thinks that my belly is cute and likes to poke it! I have been trying to walk 4-5 miles a week and I am taking this class. I hope that this will do the trick. I have a very busy schedule and it is hard to always eat right, especially when I don’t get home until after 10:00 twice a week. I am not going to give up. I am not asking to look perfect; I just want to be able to fit into my clothes again. I also don’t want anything for Paul to “poke” at!
1 comment:
You look great and I am proud of you for sticking with that horrible boot camp class! You go girl (snap!)
Post a Comment