Search

Thursday, January 19, 2006

honest?



Are you an honest person? I mean really honest? Are you honest with yourself? With others? I got to thinking about this after a conversation that I had with someone very close to me. This person (who shall remain nameless, due to the trust that they have in me) called me with a question. They were having a problem and did not know how to solve it. I started asking them questions, trying to get to the bottom of things. I had a feeling that there were some pieces of important information missing; in order for me to make a wise decision in giving this person advise. After gathering all of my needed information, I decided that the outcome of the problem depended upon honesty. This person had to be honest with themselves, before they could solve their issue. After weighing out pro’s and con’s I feel that they were able to make a good and honest decision.

I am a very honest person; those that know me real well know this. I will tell you the truth, even if it not what you want to hear. At first this can be perceived as rude and uncaring, but deep down you know that it is the TRUTH! I was recently also in a situation where honesty came into play. This happened at work. I had been asked to say something that I did not feel was appropriate or honest. But because I am the low man on the totem pole, I regretfully admit that I used poor judgment. This ended up coming back around to bite me in the ass. I definitely learned my lesson. Listen to your heart and never ever go against your own morals. Not even if you are the low man on the totem pole. Because you see that can come back around as well. The person above me (the one that I “lied” for) could care less and did not feel the wrath that I did.


I guess what we all have to remember is to be honest with ourselves and to believe in ourselves. Think about what is best for “me” and not everyone else. You only live once you might as well be happy while you are here.

No comments: