Not to far from Monday.
This past Thursday started like any other day in our household. Paul went off to work; the kids & I had a fun day planned. Doug had been a little cranky, but then again he was pushing in 3 of 4 new teeth that were coming in all at once. After lunch we decided to go out & play in the back yard. The kids played in the pool & I took pictures and relaxed. After almost an hour, we decided to make out way in, due to the fact that I was not feeling well. I felt just a little off, and bloated like I was 6 months pregnant. As we came in, Josie said my neck hurts, and she pointed to her throat. Already feeling weak, I fumble to get the kids changed from their suits, & answer my phone, of which to my surprise was Paul on the other end, to tell me that he was coming home due to not feeling well. I informed him that he was not alone, and then we hung up.
Twenty minutes later – our worlds were flipped upside down. No more than what seemed like seconds of Paul walking in the door, Paul, Josie, & I began to vomit – violently . It seemed surreal. I was trying to help Josie, when I had to turn around to throw up all over the floor. As that is happening, Paul is throwing (placing) Doug into his pack n’ play, then running to the next closest bathroom. It was a nightmare. This continued for hours. All of us taking turns, Josie & I were the worst. Our stomachs were convulsing & we both nearly passed out multiple times.
That was when we decided to call in for reinforcements. Paul managed to put Doug to bed (yes @
After the 5 mile trip to urgent care (that seemed like an hour, with poor Josie puking all the way) ~ we are signed in & shortly taken back to be seen. Paul went first, leaving me & Josie in the waiting room. Then it was our turn to go join Paul, but I was not feeling well. I composed myself & sucked up all of my ‘mom courage’ to carry Josie back to the exam room. I hardly made it, almost passing out upon entering the room. They then asked if I needed to lie down. DUH! YES! Only, I couldn’t walk without help to the room across the hall. I sat down in the middle of the hallway and began to cry. I was so weak. Moments later I was lying down on the exam bed, with Josie next to me, awaiting the doctor. Paul sat next to us, with a high fever & feeling miserable himself.
Three exams, and three shots later, we were sent home with what we later named the plague. No, joking, but close – the Rotavirus. My loving wonderful mother, took Doug home for the night. The three of us spent the remainder of the night & next day, let’s say getting rid of the virus.
Here we are, on Monday, feeling better, all of us, because I forgot to mention that Doug did suffer from this also. He just started 2 days earlier. He is still teething, but I thought that he was vomiting & having diarrhea from the pain of pushing those teeth. I was wrong.
We all had , and we all survived the plague also known as the Rotavirus.
No comments:
Post a Comment